Membership in the National Kitchen & Bath Association
The National Kitchen and Bath Association is committed to promoting professionalism and ethical business practices and provide leadership and direction for the kitchen and bath industry worldwide. It’s important as a homeowner that you choose the right design professional for any project concerning your home. As a consumer you are provided with a greater awareness and preference for products and professional services from NKBA members worldwide.
Homeowners can use the NKBA online ProSearch to look for local designers, dealers, re-modelers, and other kitchen and bath professionals in their areas.
Professionals such as contractors and interior designers are provided with a wealth of education and networking opportunities so they may be more effective to consumers.
By selecting an NKBA- certified designer, you will be working with a professional who:
- Has demonstrated comprehensive knowledge in kitchen and bath design, as well as construction, mechanical, plumbing and electrical systems.
- Adheres to a strict code of professional conduct.
- Is an expert in the NKBA Kitchen & Bath Planning Guidelines & Access Standards, which recognizes the importance of consumer health, safety, and welfare in kitchen and bath design.
- Is a member of the National Kitchen & Bath Association (NKBA), the kitchen and bath industry’s leading professional organization that provides them with the training and tools needed to succeed.
- Is skilled at assessing consumers’ individual needs and wants and creating designs that meet and exceed these requirements.
- Remains current on local building codes, safety and environmental regulations and the wealth of new products and equipment on the market.
When hiring a professional to work on your dream kitchen or bath, be sure to look for the NKBA certified or member logo.